Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good books

I am an avid reader and the book I picked up last night, Olive Kitteridge, by Elizabeth Strout, was recommended by my MIL(mother-in-law)-and so far so good.  Set in a little town in Maine, Olive is a retired school teacher (not the happiest person on the planet), and the people in her life.  At this point in the book, the story is being told from her beaten down husband's point of view.  Beaten down, that is, by his wife Olive.  When talking to my MIL about it this afternoon when picking up baby boy, I mentioned to her that this Olive character is just not nice...she said, that's nothing, just wait until I get to the part when she gets her first daughter-in-law!!  I will keep you posted...also, another wonderful book I just read- The Butterfly House by, Marcia Preston










1 comment:

acm said...

Loy - I just read Olive Kitteridge a few months ago. It was a strange but wonderful read. Each chapter a surprise, not necessarily a happy one, though!