Saturday, July 24, 2010

Where did the summer go?  My girls have been in "big kid" school for the past five+ years and I still get a stomach ache when I think about them going back to school before Labor Day!  When exactly did those "school" people decide that this was a good idea and why wasn't I invited to the meeting?  Don't get me wrong, my girls are ready and I guess I am ready - but I do wish they had more than two weeks of lazy summer days left.  I feel as if we just got into a good "lazy" routine, and then WHAM!  Summer reading, order uniforms, practice multiplication facts....the list goes on and on.

 The only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact that I LOVE school supplies!!!  I love the way they look all stacked neatly on the shelves in the store.  I love the way a new notebook looks and feels when you open it.  I love sharpened pencils and new pens.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE school supplies!

Ok, I know I'm a dork.

No comments: